*This is not an advertisement*.
I go to Chennai at least once a month and its certainly not the city with “Comfortable” and fast public transport and the heat doesn’t help either. So in order to get away from all that fuzz, I rely on Car rentals, a GPS enabled smartphone and MapmyIndia and/or Google Maps.
Here are few car rentals I have tried and my experience with them.
Address : No:1175, TVS Colony, Anna Nagar West Extension,
Opp Road To Cheriyan Hospital, Collector Nagar Bus Stop, Chennai – 600101.
Phone : +91 99620 97400/ 90925 55444/ 93814 56660, +91-44-6461 8444
- I’ve probably hired cars 10+ times in the past two years. There were some small negative points, like delay of an hour to deliver the car but they were otherwise good.
- You would have to book the car at least 5-7 days before.
- They clean the car before they give it to the customer.
- Charges of cars as of today : Alto/A-star – ₹1,300/- , i10/Swift – ₹1,500/-
Security deposit : 1 ID proof with address, ₹5000 refundable, Sign on contract.
Address ( 13.086185, 80.269721 ) : Suresh Jain, A BLOCK, 12TH FLOOR, NO. 93/77, SYDENHAMS ROAD, ARIHANT SHIVA SHAKTHI APARTMENT, OPP. NEHRU STADIUM, PERIAMET, CHENNAI – 3.
Phone : 9884525000 . 09884571017
- The live near to central station, so its easy to get down the train and walk to their flat
- Its a family business, the procedure is done at their flat.
- Cars where not really upto the mark and often dirty/dusty but important parts like Brakes, Lights, A/C and horns worked and I was happy with that.
- Charges of cars as of today : Santro/i10 – ₹1,300-1,500/- ( try bargaining when you call )
Security deposit : 1 ID proof with address, ₹3000 refundable, 5 Friends/Family phone numbers, Sign on contract.
Will update the bike and if any more reliable car rentals I come across